The Points of Light Partner orientation and training session scheduled for Tuesday, July 26, 2016 has been postponed. The new date is Friday, August 19, at 8:30 a.m. at the Central Office.
The orientation will include:
- An overview of the Points of Light Partner program. District officials will present an overview of the POL program. This session will include a discussion on the need, the program's history, and the difference a POL volunteer will make in the life of a child.
Remarks from a current POL volunteer.
- A description of what a POL Partner will do in each school. POL contact persons from each school will be on hand to talk about the role a POL Partner will play at their school.
For persons wishing to become a POL Partner, the training session will follow the breakfast/orientation. If you come to the orientation and decide that you would rather not participate, you will be free to go at this time. If you decide to become a POL Partner, the training session will follow....
The training includes...
- Completion of paperwork including authorizing school district to conduct a criminal background check (the district will cover the cost).
- Confidentiality training.
- POL Partners will be asked to select their preferred school to work at. Once the selection is made, the remainder of the training will be with the POL contact from that school.
The orientation and training should last approximately two to two-and-a-half hours hours.
This orientation will include breakfast at 8:30 a.m for all attendees. If you will be attending, please RSVP to Don Meador at 270-622-8551 or Donnie.email@example.com by August 5.