Students who have a mentor….
· Are more likely to come to school each day and stay in school.
· Have a better chance of going on to higher education.
· Are 46% less likely than their peers to use illegal drugs/controlled substances
· Are 27% less likely to start drinking.
· Are 52% less likely than their peers to skip school.
· Are 33% less likely to hit someone.
· Tend to trust their parents more and better communicate with them.
· Have improved self-esteem.
(Statistics from: Mentoring: A Promising Strategy for Youth Development, A Framework for Understand Poverty, beamentor.org and Mentoring.org)